Campus Event Scheduling Information
Scheduling Events Online for Campus Facilities During the School Year
- Continue to the next page and fill out the Event Scheduling Form. Choose a date, time, and location for your event. Include all contact information in case we need to reach you for questions or further information regarding your event. This online form is strictly for faculty/staff and employees of the College. Any student filling out the form will need to fill out the hard copy of the form, available in the Dean of Students Office and Event Services Office. This form must include the SJC adult staff member responsible for the set up and campus ext. number to be reached for questions and clarifications on the event.
- Once you complete the online Event Scheduling Form, you will be signing off on the event as the advisor when you click the submit button found at the bottom of the online form.
- Please submit this form at least fourteen (14) days in advance of your event. Less than a 14-day advance notice may not guarantee you the facility/time/set up requested. This form will reserve the area for your use and also inform Dining Services, Security, and Physical Plant of your intended program. Expect an email for approval or denial of your request within two (2) to three (3) business days after submitting the form. Verification of the accuracy of the information on the form is the responsibility of sponsoring organization/advisor.
- If you plan to have food at your event, make catering arrangements directly with the Sodexo Catering Manager (ext. 6347) at least fourteen (14) days prior to the event. Any event held on campus where food is served must use Sodexo Catering. You may also fill out the simple catering request form at http://saintjoedining.com/catering/request.html.
- If your event requires security officers to be present, you must make arrangements with the Associate Dean of Students for Safety at least fourteen (14) days prior to the event (ext. 6128).
- If your event requires the use of audio/video equipment, you must make arrangements with the Director of Audio/Video Services in the Library at least fourteen (14) days prior to the event. (Forms are available online at http://www.saintjoe.edu/library/avform.htm or call ext. 6190)
- The Director of Physical Plant is responsible for buildings, grounds and furnishings, including: moving, storage, inventory, repair, replacement, billing for damages (other than residence hall), and event set up/tear down of all furniture. If your event requires a diagram for set up, you will be contacted. Diagrams are to be submitted at least fourteen (14) days prior to the event to arrange for event set up.
- Although all space is scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis, there may be times when more than one group wishes to use the same space, or when the scheduling of two events will make set-up/transition difficult. Such conflicts must be settled directly by the two parties requesting the space. The Director of Physical Plant/designee will be the final arbitrator on determining whether set-up/turn around time is possible.
The following areas are available for use:
|Ballroom||Assoc. Dean of Students for Safety|
|Board Room||Office of President|
|Cafeteria||Dining Services General Manager|
|Campus Grounds||Director of Physical Plant & |
Assoc. Dean of Students for Safety
|CEC Foyer||Assoc. Dean of Students for Safety|
|Core XI Pub||Assoc. Dean of Students for Safety|
|Founders' Room||Event Services|
|Gaspar Center||Campus Ministry|
|Halleck Lounges||Assoc. Dean of Students for Safety|
|Hanson Recreation Center||Athletic Director|
|Lake Banet Park||Event Services|
|Residence Hall Lounges||Director of Housing & Res Life|
|Theatre||Department of Theatre Arts|
|Schwietermann Guest Rooms||President's Office|
|Summer Conferences||Event Services|
PLEASE NOTE: The College employee who is serving as the sponsor of an event must be present for the duration of any event held in the Halleck Student Center.
SCHEDULING of FEE for ADMISSION/ PARTICIPATION EVENTS or EXTERNAL GROUPS
The process for scheduling fee for admission/participation or external groups is the same as for internal groups EXCEPT that all events involving rental of facilities, or that have a participation fee attached to them, must be scheduled through the Event Services Office (ext. 6351).
EVENTS in the HALLECK STUDENT CENTER
The primary purpose of the Halleck Student Center is to serve as the hub of student events and activities and as a place for students, staff, and faculty to congregate and relax. The Center houses various administrative offices, the College Store, band, Core XI Pub, student government offices, cafeteria, and student publication offices. The Center also serves as a banquet hall and meeting space for various College constituencies.
Other uses of Halleck include providing rental space of the Ballroom and conference room to external groups when available. Rental of space must not disrupt the conducting of business in offices nor detract from use by internal groups. In all cases, use by internal groups will take precedence. Internal groups include the Board of Trustees, Alumni Association, and Fellows.
Events on the Ballroom Level
- Events scheduled for the Ballroom should be contained within the Ballroom. Use of the North Lounge as a food serving area will be approved only if the size of the event prohibits food from being served in the Ballroom, and only if the event does not conflict with student usage. Alcohol served at events in the Ballroom must remain on the Ballroom level. The Ballroom will be available to decorate no earlier than 24 hours prior to the start time of an event. Decorations of areas outside of the Ballroom must be pre-approved and cannot be put up until the day of the event unless prior approval has been received. Decorations must be removed immediately after the event. Any decoration left for SJC personnel to remove will result in the sponsoring individual/group being billed for labor. College furnishings may not be moved without prior approval.
- The North & South Lounges are available for use by internal groups in the evenings and on weekends, when students are on campus, if approved by the Associate Dean of Students for Safety. The Lounges are available to external groups when students are not present on campus if approved by the Associate Dean of Students for Safety. Approval of an event will depend upon the appropriateness of the function for the space and upon other expected uses of the campus during the requested time slot.
- The Director of Physical Plant must be able to ensure that furniture will be returned to normal set-up prior to 9:00 a.m. the morning following the event in order for an event to be approved. You will be contacted regarding your set-up needs if clarification is needed. Please note:
- A minimum four (4) hour turnover is required between an event taking place in the same building and location during normal business days (Monday--Friday, 7:30 a.m.--4:00 p.m.). Outside of normal business hours, a 14-day advance notice must be given to schedule the appropriate personnel to perform the turnaround in 4 hours. Hours worked outside the normal business hours will be charged to the external group reserving the facility.
- Large groups requiring SJC personnel to be present to maintain the facility (restrooms, trash) will be charged for the hours actually worked.
Scheduling Events in Campus Facilities During the Break and Summer Period
The Event Services Office (ext. 6351) should be contacted during the summer period to make arrangements for using the facilities on campus. This excludes the conference room and Core XI in the Halleck Student Center.